Andrew needs to stay at the very peak of physical and mental performance to be ready to surf the biggest waves in the world. Over the years he has developed skills and techniques to keep him surf ready. Surf Fit’s main aim is to boost your ocean awareness and confidence to take your surfing to the next level.
- Train with Andrew Cotton and fitness guru Andrew Blake
- Individual support during the week with activities tailored to your level
- Access to incredible value online surf fitness and ocean awareness courses
- Fully catered with delicious local food *unless otherwise stated
- Range of sessions covering all aspects of surf fitness and ocean awareness
- When in Nazare, get the full big wave experience as Andrew Cotton takes you around the set up, the lighthouse and preparation warehouses
- Free time to explore the local area or go surfing
The principals are the same whether you want to surf a 6 foot wave or a 60 foot wave, it’s just a question of what you want to achieve. Andrew has developed a programme with his long term fitness coach Andrew Blake and together they are very keen to share their knowledge to help boost your surfing to the next level.
Fitness Guru Andrew Blake has worked with some of the world’s top surfers, including Gabriel Medina, Alana Blanchard and Garrett McNamara. He also regularly works with your ‘average’ surfer in his native South West England to boost their fitness and take their surfing to the next level.
The Surf Fit retreats are based in different locations around the world, with the majority being held in Nazare, Portugal. Surf Fit is not a surf school but concentrates on equipping you with the tools to make you more confident in the ocean. Physical fitness is just one aspect that Surf Fit look into with mental preparation being just as important.
The retreats cover topics such as: overall fitness, surf specific fitness, breathing techniques and CO2 tables, pool breath training, yoga, flexibility, nutrition, mindset, dealing with challenging situations, massage, paddle training and swimming. Of course you will go surfing, but this is more for fun than a structured lesson. You can put into practice what you have learnt however. Clearly you don’t get sent out into 50 foot Nazare, but any paddle practice or surf sessions will be at appropriate beaches nearby.